Monday, July 4, 2011

I-N-D-E-P-E-N-D-E-N-C-E...

Do you know what that means?!?!!? LOL... throwback! HAPPY 4th of JULY, folks!!!


Well... this was a great Independence Weekend for me: my brother turned "21" again for the sixteenth time, my good friend married the love of her life, and the Ole McDonald's got together for our family reunion.


Finally, I'm in some of my other siblings birthday photos! Hehehe... and my cousins are a mess!!! A lovely mess... I had a great time laughing, gossiping, and talking to them until the wee hours of the morning! The wedding I went to this weekend was absolutely gorgeous! It was perfectly fit for Kim and a day I know she'll never forget or regret.


This time of the year reminds me of a page from the old Destiny's Child hymn book. The ladies sang... "Ain't no feeling like being FREEEEEEEEEEEEE"... "I'm like an eagle set free..."


This was a great weekend because despite the emotions that wedding season brings, I felt free this weekend. I wasn't thinking about a guy or the lack there of... I was just FREE!!! I had a terrific time with my girls and my family. There energy was more than enough to satisfy my weekend agenda!


The word says...  Whom the Son sets free, is free indeed (Jn 8:36). This weekend I truly had a sense of freedom that I don't think I've felt in a couple months --- and it feels great, Thank God!


Sometimes I sit back and think of all the FREEDOM I've gained while living the single life: I don't answer to anyone (except the Holy Spirit dwelling on the inside... LOL), I don't have any kids, I can go and come when I please, and I make instantaneous decisions without considering any ones feelings besides MINE, and I plan trips and travel at my leisure! It's great to be this selfish!!!


I know this phase will only last for a season... so while I'm in it... I'm going to enjoy it to the fullest!!


May I now propose a toast to all the single ladies doing it His way!!!


Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment