Sunday, June 26, 2011

I'm not krazy... I'm just going through changes!

As I've alluded to in my other post, it's been a journey to get to this point in my walk with God. By no means do I declare to be perfect. In fact, I recently learned that there is a fine line between being "an inspiration to others" and "judgmental." I aim to be used by God but not come across critical - but sometimes that's difficult if I come off in a way that's perceived as offensive to my recipient OR if people aren't open to receiving what I'm sharing. By God's grace and mercy, I'm being perfected through the test, trials, circumstances, and situations that I find myself in.


That being said, I frequently reminisce on the time when my best friend was starting to feel compelled to establish a better relationship w/ God. When she was making moves... I was totally like, "Dude... what are you doing?" "Why are you doing that?" She even heard the occasional... "That's stupid." I thank God that my negative words didn't stifle her journey.  But then... those same tugs started pulling on my heart. All of a sudden it clicked!


Kierra Sheard has a song called "One." The song's chorus says this:
"One - way to get to where He is;
 One - only one life to give;
 So I'm do what I gotta do so I can be counted"


What clicked to me was that there's only one way to get to where I'm trying to go at the end of this life and there's only one way that I can live my life to get there. So, like my BFF, I started to surrender my life to God's will and plan for my life. To some, that may seem crazy... but it's not. I still have an AWESOME life! I probably laugh more now than I ever have. However, my tastes have changed... I don't desire the same things that I used to. Now, I live with the focus that want my actions to please God. This doesn't mean that I don't slip up and do things that I regret from time-to-time. Facebook is a prime example... I blab how I'm feeling and then feel convicted about my word choice later. But I'm slowly getting better at this... and I've got a long way to go!


These new desires have, in turn, impacted the type of man that I want. When someone would ask me my criteria for dating, I would say "I want someone who goes to church"... and then rattle off the rest of my 36 page list. But that's changed. These days, I want someone who thinks the same way I do on the above topics - has a sincere relationship with God, who's compelled to walk out the plan God has for his life, loves his family, has a fun and energetic personality but at the same time and can be as chilled and relaxed as I am. Although we're supposed to pray without ceasing... that doesn't mean you're supposed to be a bump on a log!!! LOL


I hope this song challenges you to be your best self through a relationship with Christ! Here's my jam of the week! One... by Kierra Sheard. Lata Gatas!

No comments:

Post a Comment